Online Casino Guide for Players from New Zealand
Welcome to one of the best guides to finding reputed online casinos in New Zealand.
If you are looking for a reliable resource which will assist you in finding the best online casinos in New Zealand, you have arrived at the right website. Our team of researchers consistently update this section to feature the best New Zealand online casinos irrespective of whether you are a brand-new player searching for a reputed online casino to sign up or a seasoned Kiwi looking for bigger and better bonus offers.
We are among the top sources of information when it comes to featuring the latest and best online casinos in NZ. Our list of featured casinos showcase the biggest and best bonuses and VIP offers and the best casino software providers for New Zealand. In addition, we discuss the legalities of playing in New Zealand and provide a valuable collection of articles on winning strategies, making the best use of online casino bonuses, finding the top live casinos in New Zealand and more.
In brief, you will find in-depth information about finding the right online casino in New Zealand which will allow you to play for real money. Some of the topics that we will cover include:
- Reviews of the best and the newest online casinos for New Zealand players
- Largest online casino bonus offers for new and VIP online casino players
- Legalities of playing at online casinos in New Zealand
- Everything about playing online pokies in New Zealand
- Database of informative and educational articles.
Start Playing for Real Money
If you are looking for a list of best NZ online casinos, your search ends here. Our team of experts has handpicked the best online casinos to play for real money in New Zealand. We have listed, ranked, and reviewed them all for your benefit.
Are you a new player looking for the trustworthy casino to sign up at? Or are you a seasoned player looking for new online casinos with big bonus offers? In either case, you just have to go through our reviews and sign up at a casino that best suits your gaming requirements.
How We Choose the Best Online Casinos for NZD Players
Our expert team invests a great deal of time and energy in handpicking the best online casinos for NZ players. We don’t just choose online casinos at random. Instead, we select them on the basis of a number of criteria as follows.
Our intention is to not only protect NZ players from rogue sites that operate without a license, but also guide them to online casinos that deliver a safe, secure, and fun gambling experience.
As a result of our hard work and the time we spend in selecting online casinos for NZ players, our recommended online casinos meet the following criteria:
- 100% Legal– Our recommended online casinos have received gambling licenses from one or more of the following gambling jurisdictions—Malta, UK, Alderney, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, and Antigua & Barbuda.
Our selected NZ online casinos are also accredited by independent software testing bodies or industry organizations such eCOGRA and IBAS.
- Ownership– We recommend only those online casinos that belong to experienced, highly reputed, well-known, and financial fit companies.
- Software – Even those remotely associated with online casino gaming are aware of the fact that software is the soul of the online casino. We consider both single provider as well as multi-provider online casinos.
Single provider online casinos are those that partner only with one software provider. Multi-provider casinos, on the other hand, partner with multiple providers to offer a huge portfolio of games from several vendors.
We recommend online casinos that have partnered with well-known software providers such as Microgaming, WMS Gaming, Cryptologic, NetEnt, Quickspin, Aristocrat, Playtech, NYX Gaming Group, Play N Go, Elk Studios, Evolution Gaming, and Thunderkick.
- Number of Games – You won’t feel like spending a lot of time at an online casino that offers a small library of games. That’s why we focus only on online casinos that offer at least 500 online casino games.
As far as games are concerned, we know that the more games an online casino offers, the more entertaining will be the gaming experience. So we recommend only online casino that offer a huge portfolio of online casino games.
- Game Categories – A game portfolio that does not contain a variety of online casino games will not be able to retain players’ interest for long. For example, if you are a blackjack enthusiast, you will not stay long at an online casino that focuses on slots and offers only a handful of blackjack variants.
For this reason, we have handpicked online casinos that give equal importance to all categories of games. You will find a wide range of slots, table & card games, live dealers, video poker games, instant win games, and other games.
- Support for NZD – You can deposit, wager, and request payouts in NZ Dollars at all the online casinos in our list.
- Customer Support – Our recommended casinos offer high-quality and 24/7 customer support through toll-free phone lines, live chat, email, social media, and online contact forms.
- Play on the Move – Since all the websites in our list are optimized for play on smartphones and tablets, you can play your favorite online casino games and win big cash jackpots on the move.
- Banking – Making deposits and withdrawals is never a complicated procedure at our selected online casinos. You can choose from casino payment methods such as PayPal, Visa, EcoPayz, PaySafeCard, Skrill, POLi, Visa & MasterCard, EntroPay, Wire Transfer, Neteller, and Maestro.
- Fast Payouts – You will definitely win cash prizes while playing at our recommended NZ online casinos. The good news is that you don’t have to wait long to receive your winnings as all the online casinos in our list focus on fast payouts.
- Welcome Bonus – If an online casino wants to make it to our list, it has to offer a welcome bonus that is not only generous, but also easy to clear. Also, we select only online casinos that offer a variety of deposit bonuses, reload bonuses, cashback offers, free spins packages, rewards for loyalty, cash races, and tournaments.
Is It Legal to Gamble Online in New Zealand? – What NZ Gambling Laws Say
The Gambling Act of 2003 clearly states that it is perfectly legal for Kiwis to play for real money at online casinos, provided the online casinos are not located in New Zealand. The details are as follows:
NZ Does Not Regulate Online Casinos
New Zealand does not license and regulate online casinos. According to the country’s gambling laws, operating an online casino in New Zealand is illegal. So, avoid playing at online casinos claiming to have an NZ license because NZ online gambling licenses just don’t exist.
- Online Gambling is Legal– If you live in New Zealand, you can legally play at online casinos that do not operate in New Zealand. Also, you have to make sure that the online casino is licensed in a reputed offshore gambling jurisdiction.
- Legal Age for Gambling– If you want to play at a land-based casino in New Zealand, you should be at least 21. However, you can start playing at an online casino as soon as you turn 18.
- Tax Free Winnings– Your winnings are absolutely tax free in New Zealand. You can keep every single dollar of the jackpots you win at online casinos.
Casino Bonuses: Learn How to Find, Claim And Win With Them
Top-rated casinos give away bonuses in the form of cash or free spins to give you an incentive to top-up your account and play for real money. Ranging from welcome offers to loyalty offers, bonuses serve the dual purposes of attracting new players and retaining existing ones.
You will find the following varieties of bonuses:
- Sign Up Bonuses– Online casinos give away gifts of cash or free spins, called sign up bonuses, as soon as you register an account. You may or may not have to make a deposit to claim these bonuses.
- Welcome Bonuses– You can claim welcome bonuses on your first deposit amount or on your first few deposits. You have to make a deposit to claim a welcome bonus as online casinos give them away as percentages of your deposit amount.
- Promotional Bonuses– The best casinos give away weekly and weekend reload bonuses whenever you top up your account.
- Cashback Offers– Top-rated online casinos for New Zealand players minimize the risks of gambling online by giving away cashback on losses incurred. Cashback offers are in the form of percentages of the amount deposited or the amount lost up to a certain amount.
How to Get Free Spins – Top 5 NZD Casinos with Free Spins
The most popular type of bonus offers among Kiwis is free spins offers. Like players from the rest of the world, Kiwis love the idea of winning real money on a free spin.
There are free spins on sign up, as parts of welcome offers, or as promotional offers. You may receive regular emails from your online casino telling you how to claim a bunch of free spins. Or you may have to contact customer support to get your free spins. Sometimes, you may have to type a bonus code into the field provided to receive your free spins.
You can get the best free spins offers at the following NZ Casino:
- Platinum Play Casino– PlatinumPlay runs promotions every day, every week, and every month. These promotions include giveaways, free spins, match bonuses, tickets to luxury cruises, and much more.
- Party Casino– Partycasino’s welcome bonus includes 20 free spins on Melon Madness Deluxe, a popular jackpot slot.
- Casumo Casino– Casumo’s welcome bonus offer includes 20 free spins on Book of Dead slot.
- Dream Vegas Casino– Dreamvegas offers a three-level welcome bonus and you can claim free spins on each of your first three deposits. The online casino a total of 120 free spins on NetEnt games.
- LeoVegas – Whenever Leo Vegas introduces a new slot into its portfolio, it also offers opportunities to win cash prizes and free spins.
Top 3 Bonus Offers
The procedure to get a casino bonus depends on online casino’s bonus policy and the type of bonus you want to claim. Usually, online casinos credit no-deposit free spins or cash bonuses as soon as you register a new account, verify your email address, and login. To claim first deposit bonuses, welcome bonus packages, cashback offers, and reload bonuses, you have to make a qualifying deposit.
When we list the top NZ internet casinos, we carefully study the bonus offers and make sure that the bonus is not only big but also easy to clear.
A Word on Clearing Bonuses – If you are brand new to the world of online casino gaming, you will be unaware that each casino bonus has its own terms and conditions. These terms establish wagering requirements, max cashout, permitted games, restricted countries, and so on.
- Wagering Requirement: This is a multiplier value that determines the number of times you have to play through your bonus amount before you can cashout your bonus winnings.
For example, a wagering requirement of 10x on a $10 no-deposit bonus means that you have to play through $10 ten times or wager a total amount of $100 before you can withdraw your winnings.
- Max Cashout: The online casino limits the amount of bonus winnings you can cashout.
- Permitted Games:You can use your bonus only on certain permitted games.
- Restricted Countries:The bonus offer may not apply to all countries.
The following top 3 bonus offers for NZ players are not only large, but also have reasonable terms & conditions:
#1 House of Jack Casino
If you sign up at House of Jack, you can claim up to $1000 plus 200 zero-wager free spins, spread across your first three deposits.
The online casino offers 100% up to $500 on your first deposit along with 200 zero-wager free spins on Sticky Bandits slot. You can claim 20 free spins per day for ten days after receiving your first deposit bonus.
Plus, the online casino offers 50% up to $300 on your second deposit and 100% up to $200 on your third deposit.
#2 Dream Vegas Casino
DreamVegas also offers a three-level welcome bonus.
You can claim 200% up to €2500 plus 50 free spins on your first deposit, 40% match bonus up to €3000 plus 30 free spins on your second deposit, and 60% match bonus up to €1500 plus 40 free spins on your third deposit.
You can use all those free spins on any NetEnt slot of your choice.
#3 Black Spins Casino
BlackSpins also offers a three-level welcome bonus as follows.
You can claim 100% up to £100 plus 50 free spins on each of your first two deposits. On your third deposit, you can claim 50% up to £200 plus 50 free spins.
You can use your free spins on NetEnt’s popular Starburst slot.
Playing Pokies in New Zealand: Why NZD Players Are Spoiled for Choice
Playing online pokies is one of the most entertaining things you can do. This is because a majority of the games are pokies based on a variety of themes and displaying a wide range of features such as progressive jackpots, randomly activated jackpots, wilds & scatters, bonus rounds, free spins, and others.
To make things better than ever, our selected casinos offer the following options to play pokies:
Download vs. Instant Play
- Download:You have to download the casino gaming software client to access the games.
- Instant Play:You can play in your browser without having to download any gaming software.
You can play on the move either in your browser or through a downloadable native app.
Fun or Real Money
If you are unwilling to risk real money on the games, you can play them in the fun, demo, or practice modes. You can switch to the real money mode once you are familiar with the games.
Top Online Slot Casinos in NZD: Start Playing Pokies Now
You can start playing pokies at the following top two gambling websites:
Royal Panda Casino
RoyalPanda offers the most exciting pokies from NetEnt, Thunderkick, Microgaming, WMS Gaming, NextGen, 1×2 Gaming, and Scientific Games.
The pokies lobby includes classic pokies, video slots, and jackpot slots that can make you rich in a few spins. Some of the most popular pokies at Royal Panda Casino are Book of Dead, Bonanza, Starburst, Raging Rhino Megaways, Gemix, Rise of Merlin, and Extra Chilli.
Developed in honor of the panda, Royal Panda has been around for more than a decade, delivering the ultimate multi-vendor online pokie experience to players from all over the world, including New Zealand.
Royal Panda stands for great bonus offers, exclusive promotions, large jackpots, and excellent customer support. The online casino has a license from the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA).
Choose from over 1000 online pokies at Dunder. The portfolio includes the best slots from well-known providers such as NetEnt, PlayNGo, Microgaming, Betsoft, Quickspin, and NextGen Gaming. The total jackpot value is currently worth €15,834,970 and rising.
Some of the most popular pokies in the Dunder portfolio are Wolf Gold, Book of Dead, Starburst, Mighty Arthur, Ticket to the Stars, Rise of Olympus, and Divine Dreams.
Dunder is popular for its fast payouts, excellent customer support, and a safe & secure gaming environment. It operates under gambling licenses granted in Malta and the UK Gambling Commission.
Popular Payment Methods for You
Our selected casinos offer a wide range of safe, secure, and reliable banking methods that are familiar and widely used in New Zealand. You can check out details of some of the most popular payment methods below:
- Credit & Debit Cards– Credit/debit cards are the most widely used casino payment methods. All Kiwi online casino players are familiar with using credit cards. To top up your casino gaming account using credit cards, you just have to reveal your card details.
Casinos accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, and Visa Electron. Most credit cards can also be used for withdrawals, but at most NZ online casinos, you cannot withdraw winnings to a MasterCard.
- Electronic Wallets– Also known as eWallets, electronic wallets are highly preferred among Kiwis looking for a quick and anonymous way to top up online casino accounts. Some of the most popular eWallets in New Zealand are PayPal, POLi, Click2Pay, ClickandBuy, PaySafeCard, and Neteller.
- Bank Wire– If you don’t have a credit card or don’t want to reveal credit card details, you can use bank wire, also known as bank transfer or bank wire transfer, to make deposits and withdrawals.
- Instant Banking– You can use eCheck or UseMyFunds to instantly transfer funds to and from your gaming account. Although faster than a bank transfer, it is slower than electronic wallets.
- Cryptocurrencies – An increasing number of casinos, especially the top-rated ones, have realized that cryptocurrencies are here to stay. They, therefore, support digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and others along with traditional banking methods.
NZ Online Casinos: List of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Which is the most popular online casino in NZ?
A: We cannot declare any one online casino as the most popular in New Zealand. In fact, all the online casinos we have handpicked are the best for NZ players. We suggest that you read our reviews and select a casino that best suits your requirements, tastes, and preferences.
Q2: Is it safe to play at an online casino?
A: Playing at online casinos is safe and secure as long as you stick to one of our listed online casinos. All the online casinos in our list are SSL secured. They use the latest digital encryption and data protection technologies to protect player data. They implement the best privacy policies and responsible gambling policies. Also, they maintain your deposits separately from operational funds so that they can easily refund you in case of insolvency.
Q3: Is it true that players can win life-transforming prizes while playing at online casinos?
A: Yes, it is true. Many players have won life-transforming prizes while playing progressive jackpot games at online casino. This is possible because the jackpots of progressive games are not fixed. Instead, they keep growing in size with every bet placed on the game till a lucky player wins them.
Q4: Do online casinos limit the amount of money I can spend on gambling?
A: This depends on several factors such as your online casino’s banking policies and your preferred casino payment method. Online casinos that support responsible gambling encourage you to set your own deposit limits so that you can play within your means.
Q5: Do online casinos guarantee wins and protect me from losses?
A: No. This is because all the games offered at online casinos are based on luck. When you wager on a game, you take the risk of either losing your wager or winning more than you wagered. The online casino neither guarantees a win nor protects you from losses.
However, we have selected a number of online casinos that minimize your risk by offering you cashback on the losses you incur while playing real money games.
Q6: Do NZ online casinos support Bitcoin?
A: Some of them most certainly do and you will find them in our list. In fact, a rising number of online casinos are including Bitcoin in their list of casino payment methods.
Q7: Why should I choose an online casino from your list?
A: You should choose an online casino from our list simply because it is easier, safer, and more convenient for you to do so. It prevents you from falling prey to a rogue casino. It also saves you the time you would otherwise have to spend on researching each online casino to determine if it is worth signing up at.
Responsible Gambling Measures: Online Protection for New Zealand Players
All the online casinos we review and rate support responsible gambling. This means that they implement one/many of the following policies:
- Underage Gambling– Online casinos that support responsible gambling take all the required steps to prevent underage gambling. You can register for real money play only if you are above the age of 18. You have to undergo an age verification check as soon as you register to show the online casino that you are indeed of the legal age to gamble.
- Self-assessment Test– The online casino encourages you to take a self-assessment test to assess the extent of your control over your gambling activities. Or it presents a set of questions on its responsible gambling page to give you an idea of whether you are playing responsibly.
- Awareness– Online casinos that support responsible gambling provide complete information on problem gambling, how to avoid becoming a problem gambler, and how to play responsibly.
- Parental Controls– Our selected online casinos encourage their players to protect their minor wards from online gambling sites. They advice players to use Internet filtering sites such as Net Nanny and Cyber Patrol to block gambling-related online content from minors.
- Gambling Management Tools– If you sign up at one of our selected online casinos for NZ players, you will find a set of gambling management tools, which you can use to establish control over your gambling activities.
Here is a list of some of those tools:
- Financial Limits: You can establish weekly, daily, and monthly win, loss, and deposit limits.
- Gaming Session Limit: You can limit the amount of time you spend playing at the online casino.
- Time-out & Cool-off Period: If you feel that you are heading towards trouble, you can request the online casino to give you a break and to block your account for a temporary period of time.
- Self-exclusion: If you feel that you are in trouble, you can request the online casino to exclude you from its services for a longer period of time.
Partnerships with Charities and Government Bodies
Our recommended internet casinos partner with noted charities such as Internet Gaming Council (IGC), Gamblers Anonymous, GamCare, and Gambling Therapy Helpline to assist and support problem gamblers.
If you feel that you have become a problem gambler, you can approach the Problem Gambling Foundation (PGF) of New Zealand. It is a non-profit organization that receives funds from the NZ Ministry of Health. It is the biggest provider of problem gambling support in Australasia and has 60 offices all over New Zealand.
This website serves to inform and educate players about playing pokies for fun or real money in New Zealand, claiming and making the best use of online casino bonuses, and finding the best online casinos.
You can easily find a safe, secure, and reputed online casino to play at on this website. We encourage you to visit us regularly for up-to-date information about casino bonuses and promotions, VIP offers, and reviews of the newest gambling websites.
If you are ready to start playing for real money, you just have to sign up at your selected casino and claim the welcome bonus. You can then start playing your favorite online casino games and winning cash prizes. We wish you good luck. However, before you start playing, we once again remind you to play responsibly and stick to your bankroll limit.