Show all consultants
|Frances has provided consultancy services and training and education programmes for more than 25 years, and her work has been recognised by receiving the following awards:|
• MNZM (Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit) for Services to Business
• Senior New Zealander of the Year For services to Business and the Community
• Tertiary Teaching Excellence Award for teaching excellence in the Tertiary sector
Frances has the rare skill of being able to quickly understand the underlying problems a business or individual may be having, and finding a practical solution. Her more than 25 years in consulting, teaching plus her work in the not for profit and political sectors has given her a broad understanding of how New Zealand and its businesses work.
Her practical skills in business and governance combined bring a real life experience to the academic studies she teaches.
Her current work is mostly with Maori Trusts and NGOs, assisting with the technical issues of Governance.
|Contact: Frances Denz|
|Telephone: +64 7 577 1891|
|Mobile: +64 274 426 722|
|Frances first started consulting and training under the umbrella of Capital Development Agency, a department of Wellington City Council where she provided training and consultancy to those wishing to start businesses to more than 5000 people with about 4000 start-ups. She comments that she only had 4 bankruptcies from those students. She also taught business studies at several Wellington Polytechnics.|
She moved to the Not For Profit sector and continued to assist in the development of small and medium sized businesses, and expanded her business education and training role.
As her experience grew she became a professional company director, and used this knowledge to grow and develop her education and consultancy work. She is the owner of Stellaris Ltd, for consultancy and Stellaris PTE LTD which is a Private Training Institute specialising in Business and Governance Studies. These businesses are growing Internationally, again providing more hands on experience and expertise to share with her clients.
Her recent work has been as a consultant to Maori Trusts, assisting them as they move into the post settlement era, and as they grow their own service organisations. This work is exciting and challenging and very important to both the individuals and New Zealand. It requires a mix of skills which includes the ability to understand and manage internal conflicts, the ability to provide the knowledge and skills to grow the business into a productive and successful operation as well as models Frances has specifically designed for SMEs and Maori organisations.
|Professional Associations (current and personal)|
• AKO Academy of Tertiary Teaching Excellence (award winners only)
• Certified Member of the Institute of Management Consultants NZ
• ITENZ (Independent Tertiary Education NZ)
• Education NZ
• Western Bay of Plenty Tertiary Forum
Professional Associations (current and company)
• Chamber of Commerce
• Priority One
|• Preparing and delivering tailored workshops for a Maori Trust which include:|
o Governance for their Trust Boards
o Kind and courteous exit strategy for a Kaumatua who has provided long and loyal service, but the world has changed around him
o Anti bullying workshop
o Leadership training including developing a leadership model for Maori women
o Developing and delivering a new model of strategy
o Developing and delivering new model of governance for SMEs and trusts
• “Supervision” for senior Maori health leaders. Supervision in this context is the technical term for providing support and feedback on professional decision making and actions.
• Develop and deliver workshop on resilience for Maori women leaders conference
• Write educational books for specific markets (four so far)
• Develop, deliver new NZQA registered business programmes
• Prepare assessments and mark Graduate level business papers
|• Marae based teaching/consulting in traditional Maori environment|
Planning: Strategic, Business