Show all consultants
|Ralph is an international Payment Systems Advisor and niche Project Director. He brings to institutions with large-scale payment transactions the skill sets to:|
• Execute go-to-market strategies
• Reduce project risk through insight & increased effectiveness
• Deliver consequential cost reductions or strategies for new revenues
He operates through a collaborative trusted advisory approach with customers at the centre to provide payment business architecture and facilitating payment solutions. He will provide the necessary leadership on either an assignment or a management basis. Essentially, he is a senior payment practitioner who “knows what”, “knows how” and “knows when”. His emphasis is execution of strategies and plans.
Ralph brings experience that:
• Balances the critical control elements with a passion for disciplined growth and commercialisation
• Emphasises professional management in an extensive international business context
• Decades of strategic application of information technology
• Is founded on a positive, energetic, creative, innovative yet pragmatic approach to commercialisation.
His company Payment Infrastructure Limited is able to provide other senior payment practitioners to address customer requirements according to their specialist emphasis.
|Contact: Ralph Green|
|Ralph has come through as an international expert in payment systems with particular strength in bridging technology and banking strategy. This included pioneering roles in the introduction of new payment system approaches with financial institutions right across Asia Pacific and Europe since the early 1980s. He has operated out of Australasia in the Payment Systems integration niche, servicing clients in both the most established marketplaces as we as receptive emerging economies.|
His project management roles have all required the coordination of vendors, multiple sub-contractors across various countries, with more than the usual cultural and infrastructure challenges. The advisory assignments have typically been challenging utilising Ralph’s strengths:
• Professional management emphais in international business context
• Strategic planning, maketing and director level strengths
• Pragmatic yet creative commercial application of information technology
• Positive, energetic, innovative yet pragmatic approach
• Financial control and commercial orientation
|Certified Management Consultant - Member Institute of Management Consultants |
Fellow Financial Services Institute of Australasia
Chartered IT Professional NZ
Fellow IT Professionals
Fellow of NZ Institute of Management
Accredited Member Institute of Directors in New Zealand and
He holds a BA Honours degree in Public Administration and an MBA, both of which are from Victoria University in Wellington.
|Services & Projects examples:|
• Payment Systems leadership in the implementation of an inter-operable national structure covering EFT Switch, Mobile payments, ACH and RTGS in the Maldives central bank.
• Overall management responsibility for two New Zealand card system implementations
• Project director for first international implementation of a new credit card system at Public Bank in Malaysia
• Project manager of first international system installation of new ATM switch product at a Malaysian bank.
• R & D Project manager for card system enhancements to a card management product
• Project management consultant drawing up plans for 5 proposed card system implementations in Asia
• Start up Project manager in a full retail banking implementation in Pakistan at 1300 branch Muslim Commercial Bank. This included sub-project teams in 7 countries.
• Establishment Project manager for Diners Club Korea national authorisation system and card management system in Seoul.
• Project manager for largest New Zealand card operation, responsible for the ongoing multi-million card issue and service enhancement.
• Project planning manager for card authorisation & settlement across multiple switching sites in China on behalf of major vendor.
• Accountability for ongoing EFT switch technical support services for an international oil company and for three banks.
Advisory assignment examples:
• Mobile and Internet payments strategies
• Card advisory at major European retail bank to identify way forward in credit and debit card processing from a systems integration perspective.
• Consultant and a project director/adviser for significant bank merger to form national operational force in debit and credit.
• Addressing the banking, marketing, operational & technical issues of Cards
• Pragmatic review of Electronic Banking
• Credit and debit card strategic plans
• Smart card business plans
• CEO's perspective of banking technology trends & potential applications.
Peoples Republic of China
Planning: Strategic, Business